• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M81M82 from Wymeswold and Beeston

Allan the Plumber

Still cant get the PS processing right :facepalm:  end up with too much noise in the image but my attempt from last night and subs taken from home

60 Subs

500 seconds at OSI 400

18 from Wymeswold last night 

42 taken from home with bad LP in April

20 Darks

20 Flats

20 Bias

https://flic.kr/p/nquhsz

Edited by Allan the Plumber

Hi Allan

Looking good..

I downloaded a freeware app called Noiseware community addition to combat noise which is amplified when processing the image.

Works wonders with out compromising detail.

In PS I usually push the left slider up in levels to darken the background and up the saturation to bring out the colour.

When you finish the stacking in DSS do you drag the red back to fall in line with the Blue and Green peaks  (ED80's are doublets and don't correct all three colours like a triplet)

I'm sure you're not far off, the subs you were getting last night were stunning.

Might be worth stacking with just last nights subs.

Hi Allan

Looking good..

I downloaded a freeware app called Noiseware community addition to combat noise which is amplified when processing the image.

Works wonders with out compromising detail.

In PS I usually push the left slider up in levels to darken the background and up the saturation to bring out the colour.

When you finish the stacking in DSS do you drag the red back to fall in line with the Blue and Green peaks  (ED80's are doublets and don't correct all three colours like a triplet)

I'm sure you're not far off, the subs you were getting last night were stunning.

Might be worth stacking with just last nights subs.

Thanks for that Paul will try noise software

yeah do balance the histo in DSS and add a little saturation plus LUM going to try just subs from last night tomorrow but thanks again

Anyone wants a go at processing it and have Dropbox can send you the Subs Darks Flats and Bias Raws to play with

i would stack last nights subs separately, alot less light pollution so your processing hasn`t got to combat the light pollution as much as you will have to with the subd taken at home, once your happy with both setts of subs there`s no reason you can`t then combine them, but a darker sky will make a big differance 

Great work Allan. Really nice images with loads of detail. You should be very happy with those!

Steve

That is great. M81 looks especially lovely; M82 looks a bit too bright on my screen. %00 second subs is amazing, but then I guess that is guiding for you.

JD

Looking good Alan, not sure why you added some  older subs that would increase the LP? What does Saturday nights Bodes look like on it's own?

Cheers

Ron

Going to try and just use the subs from Saturday as the LP one are drowning out image

shame as I was hoping all those subs collect over the last few weeks would of buildup to a better image with great detail, never mind will try later and post results

Allan