• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M13 and Ngc6207 (2nd edit)

Johnnyaardvark

Final edit (for now) of this M13 data.

ED80, EQ5, Nikon D5000, 25s subs best 17 of 22, no darks or flats. Processed in DSS and CS2

Further comments and advice welcome.

Regards

Steve

Cropped

14061275903_1284ddd2ad_h.jpgM13 and NGC6207 by sja88, on Flickr

Full Image

14038065032_aabb43c8b7_h.jpgM13 and NGC6207 by sja88, on Flickr

Steve

Edited by Johnnyaardvark

Nice. I like the uncropped image as I think it frames the cluster better.

It's great to think you can get this quality image with just 25 second subs - hope for me yet :)

JD

Really nice Steve

You've got plenty of the outer stars there.

(More than mine at 180s exposure !!!!)

Love the Galaxy detail too.

Did we speak on Saturday night???

Think we may have not which is ironic given that we have similar set ups and where both going for the same target.... Sorry

alot better Steve, alittle trailing, but much better than the first stack, 

you can always be ruthless and go though the subs and discount any with trails or that do not look as nice, then stack the the really nice ones, looks like guiding will be next on your list. 

Nice. I like the uncropped image as I think it frames the cluster better.

It's great to think you can get this quality image with just 25 second subs - hope for me yet :)

JD

Thanks James :)

Really nice Steve

You've got plenty of the outer stars there.

(More than mine at 180s exposure !!!!)

Love the Galaxy detail too.

Did we speak on Saturday night???

Think we may have not which is ironic given that we have similar set ups and where both going for the same target.... Sorry

Thanks Paul. Interesting I picked up the detail I did with such short exposures. What ISO did you use? Wish mine was a bit sharper still and had a bit more colour.

Not sure we did meet Saturday night. Wished I'd explored a little more down that end. Some amazing setups. Can't call what I am currently using my mine though as it's borrowed gear that I'm experimenting with. It was purely by chance I ended up going for M13. I think I may have set up next to DaveJW? with a parallelogram mount and got my first visual of a globular cluster :) my camera was on ready to go so got a few pointers on where to find it and thought I'd give it a go. Never seen a globular before let alone imaged one was am quite happy with those firsts for a night :D

alot better Steve, alittle trailing, but much better than the first stack, 

you can always be ruthless and go though the subs and discount any with trails or that do not look as nice, then stack the the really nice ones, looks like guiding will be next on your list. 

Thanks Rob and thanks for the help/encouragement when taking the pics. Yes still slight star trails in there. As much as I like the idea of guiding one day have a few more basic bits of kit to buy first like a scope and mount :) On the look out.

Looking forward to the next time :)

Steve

you missed a bargain eq6 on astro buy and sell last night, 2 year old for £400, almost bought it myself for that money.,

how did you get rid of the blobby first image, one above looks alot better than the first, were some of the subs worse than others ?

Edited by red dwalf

Keep missing kit. Proper bargains go so quick. If that was in good nick. That's amazing!

Mostly edited out the blobby stars in the first image using un unsharpen mask. Have not looked through the individual and yet but they actually look pretty good apart from very slight elongation of stars which may be a little worse in some than others. So not really got to the bottom of that problem yet.