• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M101 lrgb from the 17th May 2014

red dwalf

just a quick play without the reducer / flattener

lrgbfinished_zpsbe043e50.png

version 2, with 30 minutes more lum and 20 minutes 2x2 binning RGB channels each

finishedlrgbimage_zpsf03eec13.png

Version 3,

another 1 hour 20 minutes of Lum and 20 minutes each of RGB 2x2 binned.

m101%20lrgb%20processed%20normal.png

Edited by red dwalf

Very good Rob looks like your getting the hang of that Atik another nice image  :D

version 2 added with almost twice the data added,

looks alot better, now really starting to enjoy the new scope and guiding problems seem to have vanished now i`ve moved the weights up the balance bar alittle,

had 10 minute guided subs last night without a single problem, well one i did 20 minutes worth of lum subs before i realised that the autosaved tick box in artimis capture software wasn`t ticked, school boy error.

as it was late at night i don`t think anyone heard me cursing.

Impressive Rob, you wait till we have dark nights adain and they'll be no stopping you! :)  :)

version 2 is the best one :thumbsup:

That GT and Atik is a brilliant combination, really miss mine. :(

version 3 now added, another 1 hour 20 minutes of lum and 20 minutes each of RGB 2x2 binned.

added the extra 20 minutes of the blue channel and i ended up with alot of colour noise, anyone have any idea why that is ? the red and green channels where fine but blue looked very blotchy.

Looking lovely rob. Great to see extra detail and smoothness added each time. You'll have to get some hydrogen alpha in to show those fancy star forming regions.

Great work.

Jd

i`m finding it very interesting how the green channel changes and more blue comes through with the added exposures each time and a great learning exercise,

tinkered with the Lum layer a bit more in version 3, i think it brings out alot more detail,

m101%20lrgb%20processed%20normal.png

Edited by red dwalf

Still cracking image mate oh for an CCD :D camera