• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

12inch Meade SCT for sale. 10 years old. one carefull owner. Full auto gps extra large field tripod etc

Guest Martin Hill

Guest Martin Hill

It's recently been on eBay but only got time wasters .looking for £3000 grand o.n.o.  any takers before i repost it ? 

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Martin, don't want to ruin your party but the new lx90 gps 12" is £3199.  :( ( i paid £650 for a 10" LX200 classic 4 years ago)

Edited by Tweedledum

Guest Martin Hill

thanks damian

I do see that if you can get one the lx90 is cheaper . Mine is an LX200  with full Autostar 2 capacity . Apart from the greater computing power one big difference seems to be that the 200 series at this size comes with the giant field tripod which does add a fair bit of weight but also a lot of stability . Ive seen some comment in American forums about stability problems with the 90 series tripods not being up to the job in more than light wind.

If I may offer a little advice, be sure to advertise it as the LX200 12" as this will hopefully grab the attention :) Folks tend to read the headline and decide almost from that alone, so you need to tempt them in to the advert. Hope this helps.

Guest Martin Hill

thanks for that . Cant see how or if i can change the heading of the listing . cant see an EDIT tab anywhere !

Should be in the bottom right of your first post, click edit, on the next screen look for "use full editor" or words to that effect. You should be able to edit the title from there.