• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

'Phone Skope' (smartphone prime focus adapters for astro use)

Bino-viewer

Hi all,

Popped into the Derby branch of the London Camera Exchange earlier, and noticed these smartphone adapters

for taking pictures through the eyepiece. They were priced at £69.99 (a bit steep, i think)

Anyone used them or know anything about them....? They are made by a company (Phone slope) based in Utah, US

I appreciate theres a certain novelty factor to these things, and they are not serious photographic tools, but i'm sure most of us

have grabbed our iPhones at some time or other and tried to take an image through the eyepiece (without much joy  :( )

The idea of 'face timing' a live feed from my telescope certainly sounds neat though.......

Heres a link to the main website :

http://www.phoneskope.com       ( Theres a youtube video on there etc)

As well as London Camera Exchange, theres another UK company that imports them :    'in focus'

Heres another link to them :

http://www.at-infocus.co.uk

I think Tobias (T A Wow) used something similar. Not used them myself. I imagine quite good for daytime use like birding through a spotting scope and maybe for the moon or brighter planets.

A hint of bitten fruit envy there me thinks :)

I bought something similar called an oliclip I I remember right. I've not got around to tying it as it doesn't fit my EP's I think it only fits 11/4. The one in the video looks better in terms of fitting a scope but that guy presenting is eye dead :spooky: