• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New scope

Tweedledee

XX14i is coming together slowly. :)

Needs some intelligence to fit these Intelliscope encoders!  :wallbash:

Will just have to study the instructions again  :chin_scratch2:  .

20140526_151015.jpg

20140526_151542.jpg

So that's what grown men build with meccano on a bank holiday ;-) How long did it take to construct?

Nice one Pete.

As for instructions, I spent 18 years writing instructions for process plant but I am famous for never reading instructions or manuals. Manuals are for sissies :D

Cheers everyone. I'm rather chuffed with it. :)

The finder makes it look smaller than it is, until you realise it is a 12 x 80mm.

The scope is a really solid piece of kit, was extremely well packaged, and has a nice quality fit and finish.

I just don't like messing with the delicate circuit boards, encoders and wiring. I'm likely to get it wrong :o .

Guest peepshow

Now that really is something......being able to see stars through the ceiling of your lounge. :)

Clouds too? :D

Guest devil74

Now that really is something......being able to see stars through the ceiling of your lounge. :)

Clouds too? :D

Clearly Pete was giving M51 a go there...and I can't see it at Kelling never mind through the ceiling...must be some scope.

"being able to see stars through the ceiling of your lounge. :)

Clouds too? :D"  -

Maybe he has a roll on/off roof  :D Now there's an idea no need to move from the lounge , watch telly while waiting for the clouds to go - do you think someone would mind  :screwloose:

Very nice Pete : you'll love the views when you get it to a dark sight.

A few years ago we had a chap from Loughborough way drop by on a DDAS observing session.

He had the exact same scope and produced a full set of TV Ethos (as you do)

Suffice to say the view of the 'Double Cluster' with the E21 left me open mouthed.....it remains my top observational

View through any scope I've looked through. The computer push to was impressive as well.

I'd love a scope like this for low power sweeps of the sky. Good luck with it

Guest clarkent

Trouble is Pete, the longer you take on fitting the 'tronics, the longer we have murky skies ! :D

Pull finger man, I need some clear skies to take a view thru your Meade SN-10.

Maybe you need to relax from the cabling and give in to temptation at the IAS instead.    :icon_evil:

Cheers

Andrew

how did it go with the lead you needed saw your thread on SGL :(

Hi Allan,

Just had a look at Damians post on SGL, first time I'd seen it. :)

Like a rottweiler after a bone.  :D

I reckon he thoroughly enjoyed sending those emails!

I'm completely chilled about it, and in no rush since I have a few mods to do on the dob. I had every faith in Damian getting it sorted even if he had to make up a lead from scratch for me.

He has an original replacement lead in the post from Orion.eu now, well done Damian :thumbsup:

Damian is doing a great job sorting out some other cables to connect the scope to Stellarium on a netbook and has sourced a capture card and cables to connect up the Stellacam 3 to the netbook.

The dob was sold to me at a cheaper price, as unused and unopened in the boxes, and the bulk of it was as stated, in the original packaging. The wiring box certainly had been opened and I'm sure the cable was missing, unless the dogs had eaten or buried it :) .

I don't like cables :P