• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

ghost in cepheus

Sheila

well decided on a hard target :facepalm:

this is as it says the ghost in cepheus.  only luminence at the moment

26 x 5 min subs

luminence

Tak130 extended

bias and flats applied

needs more data and some rgb so is really a WIP for any constructive advice :lol;

http://cdn.astrobin.com/images/thumbs/fe38b32c29f6f1cab316c1d0971c9a8d.1824x0_q100_watermark.jpg

http://www.astrobin.com/full/98439/0/

cant seem to get it to put the image in here sorry

Edited by Sheila

Very nice start

more data to follow I hope

are you using pix insight y any chance as the background looks a bit black on my monitor

Looking to be a great image when you've added some data Sheila, not an easy one!  :)

Very nice start

more data to follow I hope

are you using pix insight y any chance as the background looks a bit black on my monitor

no using photoshop but the processing was not easy, probably clipped the black a bit, definitely needs more data.  the rest of the 4 hours data i got

is wrong so i could not include it.  will try and stack it together but i am not hopeful as i think the other data will make the image worse.  did the wrong gain on the CCD images

Guest Kheldar

fe38b32c29f6f1cab316c1d0971c9a8d.1824x0_

Looking good so far, but have to agree with Steve - it's a little dark. Ghost showing up nicely though :)

OK what did i do wrong not to get the picture to show ???

Oh I forgot too, this is my first post of a guided image :o

Edited by Sheila

Guest Kheldar

OK what did i do wrong not to get the picture to show ???

Dunno, right clicked your first link, copied it, pressed the Picture icon, pasted the link - done?

Dunno, right clicked your first link, copied it, pressed the Picture icon, pasted the link - done?

well thats what i did, copied the link as normal in the picture icon, but it would not put picture in post :wacko:

Guest Kheldar

well thats what i did, copied the link as normal in the picture icon, but it would not put picture in post :wacko:

Use Flickr? :)

I like it. I'd agree it's a bit dark though (unlike mine which end up too bright :D )

dont know if this one is any better

57a592204481df246f15e6791a46b107.1824x0_

Edited by Sheila

That's better - lifted the blacks. Could probably go a bit further but wait till you have more subs - it will be easier ;)

Guided :o whats happened to super mount.

because 2 of our illustrious imagers keep constantly nagging me about guiding, so i decided to try.  makes PA quicker as i dont have to

be so accurate, but not as satisfying as knowing your PA is really close and you are unguided :lol:  Suppose it has its advantages

out in the field, nothing wrong with the supermount it can multitask and do either :lol:  It will help a lot i suppose when i do 30 min subs :o

Edited by Sheila

Guest peter shah

You have a stunning image scale and its a beautiful rendition of a tricky target...the only advice is keep plugging away at it

You have a stunning image scale and its a beautiful rendition of a tricky target...the only advice is keep plugging away at it

thanks, i need loads more data before i attempt the colour in there, and many more tries at processing :o

Guest ollypenrice

Much better unclipped! It really is vital not to black clip this infernal devil of a target. Very well done. Once you have a boundary showing between faint nebulosity and background you can get a lever in there and start prizing them apart with all your processing might. The target is one of the most challenging I've done and one of the most rewarding. The whole lot is really just glorified background sky, after all. Not many UK imagers attempt this, either, so hats off.

Olly

thanks Olly, yes a realised quite early that this was one difficult target but will keep at it until i get it right :)  Just have to get

loads more data and see where it goes

Sheila

Edited by Sheila