• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Its been a while

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

Its Been a while...SH2-115.....we all know what the weather has been like so I wont mention how ridiculous and unreasonable its been.....combined with GOTO and desktop woes and roof repairs on the observatory, other than a couple of test frames it was last December when I grabbed some serious data.

So last night then....It was clear still not ideal with high haze heavy dew and brighter summer nights, despite all this I managed to scrape together enough data to cobble together this shot. Not as much data as I would have liked but I'll take what I can get....it's just nice to get something worth showing....even if the RGB frames at lacking in signal.....

exposure time were 3x30mins in H-alpha 2x 10mins in Red, 4x9mins in blue and 3x7mins in green.....I will be grabbing some more RGB for this one if the weather plays ball.

thanks for looking

Peter

post-4526-0-58674800-1401624067.jpg

Great start Peter. The red looks very strong is that the object or have you added some Ha in the red channel to give it a kick. Stars are nice and tight - good colour too

Guest peter shah

The lack of RGB combined with the H-alpha has given it a very strong red colour....when I get enough RGB it will balance out the colour giving it its more natural redish pink.

Still work in progress