• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Todays activity 120614 Lunt Wedge 1st Light

philjay

1st light for the Lunt Solar Herschel wedge today. I got the 1.25" version plus the ND and single polarising filter at the IAS at the weekend.

All works fine in visual and you really do need the polarising filter, it makes all the difference. The wedge gives superb views with loads of detail, granulation, faculae stands out well and spots of course.

As for imaging well it seems to perform well.

These were taken with the Meade 127EDT

Pardon my poor attempt at mosaic of the 2 images but I shall have another go later, I just wanted to show the relationship between the 2 spot groups. 

Anyrode, IMGOH mono camera, best 2000 of 5000 frames PIPP, AS2, Registax, false colour in PS7

Quite pleased with my purchase

lunt1stlighta.jpg

lunt1stlightb.jpg

Yup, Ive had my flt98 out all afternoon with the lunt on it and been watching developments of the spots, fascinating. Glad I bought it now, I can fit it to any of my 6 refractors

Nice detail in both images. The new kit seems to be ding the biz. :thumbsup: