• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Ring Neb from tonight 13.06.2014

Graham

:party:

At last I have managed to do some 'proper' imaging for the first time in about six weeks.

Despite the constant waves of clouds and mr Blobby doing his best to ruin everything I managed to get this image of the Ring Neb.

Because of the bright conditions thanks to the light skies and Blobby I was down to running the canon at ISO 400 and only a 30 second sub length.

Managed to grab 127 X 30 second usable subs in total between the clouds.

Canon 350 D

GT 81

127 X 30 second subs, No Darks, Flats or Bias.

Stacked in DSS

Processed in PS 6

RING-NEB.2.jpg

Like it! Nice work. Have seen this visually a few times recently ( the joys of a goto scope :) ) also fancy a go at imaging it.

Thanks for sharing.

Steve

I like it Graham. Nice image.

I once (and you'll laugh at this) tried to bag M57 while lying in bed (i kid you not) with my Canon 15x50s focused on Lyra through the skylight bedroom velux window. It blocked out the light pollution, but try as I might I never managed to positively identify it, although I think I was very close......