• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from the New Forest

Guest bramleyd

Guest bramleyd

HI,

Hope you are all well! Guess the New Forest isn't strictly part of the East Midlands, but I have come across this forum a few times now - and it looks to be a really good community - so thought I would sign up!

I moved to the New Forest about 18 months ago from a city centre and the dark sky rekindled my childhood fasincation with the stars. I soon purchased a second hand William optics refractor and things have escalated from there!

My astronomy is primarily focused on astro-imaging - and I'm still utterly amazed by the quality of images it is possible for the amteur to capture in this day and age. If anyone is interested here is a galelry of my favourite images thus far: http://dombramley.com/galleries/astro/

Anyways good to meet you all!

Dom

Welcome to the forum Dom, nice part of the world you live in!! We have a few members in far-flung places but all are welcome here. very images you've got so far and like me you must be waiting for the darker nights!!

Cheers

Ron

Hi welcome aboard, the new forest is a special place to me funny of memories and just beautiful. First place I ever saw the Milkyway. Nice pics by the way.

Hi Dom and a warm welcome to EMS. :)

That's a fabulous gallery of astro images - especially for someone who's not been doing it long - very good pics. Thanks for the nice comments about EMS. Good to have you on board and hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Dom.

I really like your website, and you've taken some amazing images.

That looks like an FLT132 unless i'm very much mistaken !  ( i have the same beast !)

I know the area a bit too ; i have a sister-in-law who lives near Ferndown not too far from you.

Lovely part of the world. 

Enjoy the forum  ;)

Hi Dom. A warm welcome to EMS.

You have some stunning images there, M33 is lovely. 

Make yourself at home and enjoy the forum. :)

Guest bramleyd

Wow - thanks for the welcome guys! This really is a friendly community!

Ron - definitely look forward to some darker nights-  but hopefully without the incessant rain this time!

Rob - yep it is an FLT132, mounted on an NEQ6. I use it with the Mk4 reducer when imaging to bring it down to F5.ish.

Baz- I think M33 is my favourite also and happens to be the perfect size for my imaging setup's field of view.