• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

N6888 with a little colour

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

NGC6888 in Cygnus, showing the outer shell in OIII. Exposure were 6hours in OIII 3hours in Ha and I used some old RGB data, I'm still collecting some fresh RGB for the wider field.
The process was quite crude and was really just to give me an idea of what to expect.......The bright summer skies aren't ideal for RGB but if this clear spell keeps up I'm going to give it a shot...I can always get some more on darker nights.

Thanks for looking

a0926.jpg

If this is a crude process Pete I can't even begin to think how good a process done with finesse will be! This is awesome!

Guest peter shah

Many Thanks everyone

If this is a crude process Pete I can't even begin to think how good a process done with finesse will be! This is awesome!

It was a quick attempt to see what I had...so I didn't spend as much time on it as I normally would have...

I only had enough RGB for a small FOV from an image I took about five years ago. I had to mess about with the star size to get it to match the new data and it had some nasty blue halos I had to hide.....so better quality RGB will improve it. 

I still haven't decided how to tackle the process yet. Colour balancing with added H-alpha and OIII in the mix can be awkward, it can create ugly colour casts and I want this to look as natural as possible but still show  six hours worth of OIII 

Edited by peter shah

Guest peter shah

Cheers Allan

here is a full res cropped version, the seeing wasn't great so it could have been a little sharper....but I'm not complaining

post-4526-0-33717000-1403456312.jpg

'A little colour' I think the title said :rolleyes:  where's me shades - great image Peter