• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

App connection help!

Guest northernstar

Guest northernstar

Ok, so what is going wrong? I can connect to this forum no problem when I am at home on my wifi, but cannot connect at work using their wifi. I know it can't be the work wifi itself because I can connect on another forum without any issues. Please help as I really like this forum but need to be able to access it at anytime. Thanks

Hi Mike,

I think it may be your work firewall which is set to exclude certain IP addresses and even key words in URLs.

Your site IT Admins should be able to verify this....

Adrian

Guest northernstar

Thanks Adrian for the reply. I can't ask my IT guru's as I am not supposed to know the wifi code. >:)

How about Internet sharing through a smartphone assuming it has 3G or better access at your work site?

Adrian

Guest northernstar

I can try with 3G but the reception in our office is dire.....hence the super secret stealth operation I launched to obtain the wifi code......the SAS would have been proud of me!

Wooo.....

Do take care with the wifi access. Big brother could be watching - when I was working in IT for a corporate we used to monitor sites visited by network users and lots more. Was a career limiting event for some.

Adrian

Wooo.....

Do take care with the wifi access. Big brother could be watching - when I was working in IT for a corporate we used to monitor sites visited by network users and lots more. Was a career limiting event for some.

Adrian

"Was a career limiting event for some" - But never for managers they always had an excuse to have visited the URL - some pretty funny business investigations they did too!