• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

NGC 7000 - Colour and B&W

Guest VikN46

Guest VikN46

Hi all,

Along with my image of M27 the other night just before I called it a night I thought I would give my 600D modded camera one last target to test it on and test the guiding too, I am very happy with the results. Although its the only the Northern Area due to the size! :)

The colour image is 1 x 300s sub

The Black and White is 1 x 400s sub

SW 150 PDS, EQ5 Pro Synscan GOTO.

Guiding: SW ST80 and QHY5

Modded Canon 600D with CLS clip filter

Using: BYEOS, PHD, DSS and trial version of Photoshop.

ISO 400

Cannot wait to get more data and have another go.

14511365511_72dcc1bf47_c.jpgNGC7000 300s by VikN46, on Flickr

14511352931_9ed90ea5d9_c.jpgNGC7000 400s b+w by VikN46, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

That's amazing for a single sub of

300 seconds guess LP must be low in your location!!!

Guest VikN46

My skies are pretty light polluted as I only live about a 5 mins  drive from the City centre and Highcross Shopping Centre, I am a little bit higher up so maybe that helps a little or more likely just beginners luck :D

Edited by VikN46

They're a greta images for single subs, well done that 'lady'  :)

nicely done, look very promising for a single sub, but interested to know how did you get a black and white image with a colour camera ? 

Guest VikN46

nicely done, look very promising for a single sub, but interested to know how did you get a black and white image with a colour camera ?

I just clicked on the Black and White button on Photoshop and I got an instant black and white picture :)

you learn something every day, i`ll have a look at that myself, my version of Photoshop is CS3 so i not sure if it has that option but will certainly have a look.

Guest devil74

Absolutely amazing Vicky for single subs. Just venturing into the EOS world myself so you're shots give me great encouragement.

you learn something every day, i`ll have a look at that myself, my version of Photoshop is CS3 so i not sure if it has that option but will certainly have a look.

If I remember right Rob. You should find greyscale under edit -image for older versions of PS.

Lovely images Vicky. As a nikon user I may also at some point still venture into the modded Canon world at some point.

Really quite nice and sharp star fields. The guiding is working well. Are you using a coma corrector too?

Keep them coming.

Steve

Guest VikN46

Yes I forgot to add it on but I am also using the SW coma corrector along with the Astronomik CLS Clip filter ( the filter has really made a difference)

I can safely say I am addicted to this imaging lark now :D

So glad that getting my camera is paying off and it was defiantly money well spent, despite my EQ5 being a bit over its stated imaging load it seems to be coping for now. Next purchase will be a better mount but for now I am very happy with what I have got.

Thanks all for you kind comments:)

it certainly can be very addictive Vicky, but you seem to have got the knack for it,