• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Whats the diff between old mother shipton and the Met office

stash

Her forecasts were more accurate.

Yes I know our weather sucks for Star Gazing BUT IMHO

Having just spent 7hrs waiting for the forecast clear skies which according to the Met Office would start at 10.00pm and then go on for 6-8 hrs with no rain(0%).

Its not the fact that they were wrong its the fact they were so far wrong even after they updated there forecasts when within 1 hr of the event. Maybe they need to go back to basics - rolling the bones ,looking at the tea leaves.

I now believe there are Lies , Dam lies and the Met office weather forecast.

I am glad my life doesn't depend on them.

Sorry to all those who will defend them BUT they put themselves on a pedestal by telling us how good they are and to justify the money for there new toy computers.

Good job the people at the event made up for the bad forecast with there wit , info etc .

Yes it was a bad night for viewing  :angryface:

Trying to look on the bright side, it has got me out of mowing the lawn and doing the garden :)

Trying to look on the bright side, it has got me out of mowing the lawn and doing the garden :)

Trouble is the grass has got longer and will have to be cut.

Have decided to give up Astro as stand alone hobby and join it to my other hobby fishing. Logic works like this:

1. Take fishing and Astro gear.

2. Find dark site which has a lake/river/sea

3. Site caravan next to location in (2).

4. Start fishing

5. Set up Scope

6. If its cloudy/raining/too windy catch (or not) fish

7. If its clear use scope.

8. If its partly clear jump between Fishing and Astro

9. To keep Wife happy she can bring her Kindle and I promise not to put maggots in the fridge. :lol:

Advantage does not matter what the weather (few exceptions) is like I will be able to do one or the other.

Happiness - and no Met Office :D  

Now whats that "little" lake next to Kielder called with the camp site ? :facepalm:

Trouble is the grass has got longer and will have to be cut.

:facepalm:

Here's my logic (excuse) then, if the grass is twice as long by next Sunday it will only take 1.5x as long to cut. So win, win :)

Good idea with the fishing though :)