• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The crescent over 16hours exposure

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

I managed to get this one finished last night condition were variable throughout with last night being the worst seeing in a while. Its only taken about a month to grab enough data for it which is unheard of here in the UK and I wouldn't normally image this time of year as the skies don't get very dark....glad I did. I will be stripping the scope down for a service over next few weeks ready for the new season, I have a few projects from last year that need finishing.
Exposure times were 3hours in Red, 2hours in Blue and 1 and a half hours in Green with 3hours of H-alpha and 6hours of Oxygen III giving a total exposure time of 16 and a half hours. All sub exposures were 30mins each.
Thanks for looking
Peter

a0927.jpg

a0926.jpg

Edited by peter shah

Guest peter shah

thanks guys....processing five channels for a three channel image is a pig, pretty difficult to get a good natural colour balance

Superb Peter - put your feet up now for a little while - clear tonight ;)

Stunning as ever Peter considering the time of year it's up there with the best!  :)

Guest peter shah

many thanks again everyone

Stunning as ever Peter considering the time of year it's up there with the best!  :)

Yes Ron the OIII and H-alpha I thought might be Okay but the real surprise was the wider band RGB I wasn't expecting to get as much as I did. That said the area is very bright compared to other parts of the sky.