• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M52 and Bubble Nebula

Guest VikN46

Guest VikN46

Hi, I managed to get out for a bit last night couldn't decide what to have a go at but ended up choosing the Bubble Nebula and M52.

Didn't quite go to plan as can often happen but at least I got something, I found processing this quite challenging and really difficult as trying to bring the nebula out added too much red to everything else, if anyone has any tips on this I would be grateful. I know I probably need to stick to a specific set of sub lengths and need more darks and to finally get my head around flats etc.

Total imaging time 1hr 25mins - 18 x lights (ranging from 240s, 300s and 600s as wanted to test guding too) 10 x darks.

SW 150 PDS, EQ5 Pro Synscan GOTO.

Guiding: SW ST80 and QHY5

Modded Canon 600D with CLS clip filter

Using: BYEOS, PHD, DSS and trial version of Photoshop.

ISO 400

Anyway here they are (click on for larger image) thanks for looking :)

CROPPED BUBBLE NEBULA

get.jpg

M52 AND BUBBLE NEBULA

get.jpg

Edited by VikN46

Very good Vicky. Using PS , I found the more I used it the easier it became. I also use Noels Tools exclusivley for PS astro. (worth the £20!)

Cheers

Ron

good image :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

with the DSLR I did 300 or 600s at 800iso

its all about data

lots of good data will improve it and you can go back to it over several nights

That's the one, well worth it Vicky. What PS are you using?

Guest VikN46

I'm using the trial version of PS CC (the one you subscribe to). I do like it though and its more affordable so will be subscribing very soon.

Edited by VikN46

Guest VikN46

Hi, I've been reading Photoshop tutorials mainly on star colour, whilst I don't think the colour is the best, seem to have reduced the redness of some of the stars,, I think it looks a little better but not sure it looks right. Thanks for looking comments as always most welcome ! :)

14598606933_3de21649e1_c.jpgM52 and Bubble Nebula with layres 1.1 by VikN46, on Flickr