• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Ic5146 22hours exposure

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

This one has been a real labour of love. I started grabbing data for this last year....Its been a real hard graft with the amount of clear nights we've had coupled with the time of year this one peaks making the faint emission a ridiculous task. I think if the summer nights were darker I would have lots more to show for the amount of time put in....Having said that I cant say Im not pleased.... if the weather holds I will try to grab more on this when the nights get darker...but I do have another couple more projects that were started last year that I'm keen to complete.

Exposure times 11 and a half hours in H-alpha all 30mins subs, 6 hours of Luminance 1 and a half hours for each RGB channels all 10min subs a total 22hours.

Thanks for looking

Peter

post-4526-0-64281600-1406148897.jpg

post-4526-0-40335000-1406148937.jpg

OMG! Peter look at the richness of that star field!! That is truly gobsmacking! That is a real candidate for blowing up and framing in my opinion! Really awesome stuff!

Guest peter shah

Thanks both....Felix I'm going to see if I can get more H-alpha The light summer nights has made it extremely tricky to get a good signal in the faint emission.....then I might print it up ;)

I'd print it up right now if I was you! Absolutely cracking as is!

Guest peter shah

Ignore me about it being low down wrong object :facepalm:  I blame lack of sleep

very nice image

it does look a little bit like the Triffid ;)