• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

ES eyepiece

Guest northernstar

Guest northernstar

Wow, just had a shock. Received an email from Telescope House announcing some "hot deals". I have dealt with them on many occasions so thought I would have a look. They have some Explore Scientific ep's on sale which I have been tempted to experiment with someday. I clicked on the 9mm 120fov and imagine my shock at seeing the price of £1,019!!! Not that I could ever see myself buying one but at that price they must be an absolute dream to use. Has anyone used these before....just out of curiosity?

I have observed with the ES 14mm 100 degree eyepiece in my old 10" Schmidt Newtonian and was so gobsmacked by the views that I just had to get the 25mm 100 degree and the 9mm 120 degree.

I will be using the new eps as soon as the dob is fully modded, and will let you know if they are any good :D .

Guest northernstar

Hmmmmm, I might have to start saving afterall. I need to finalise my choice of upgrade scope first which I am hoping to buy next year, then if the ep's are suitable for it I might have to invest in one......my wife never needs to know the price! [emoji1]

Guest northernstar

I usually apply "the wife tax" on scope stuff I buy....I take off 50% and tell her that is the price! At over a £1000 though for the ep's I am going to have to get really creative... [emoji1]

Edited by northernstar

Are they those £50 American one's? :D Nudge Nudge. ;)  ;)

Oh yes, they are definitely the ones I got. ;)

I usually apply "the wife tax" on scope stuff I buy....I take off 50% and tell her that is the price! At over a £1000 though for the ep's I am going to have to get really creative... [emoji1]

Tip: Just make damn sure you check for and hide the email receipt double quick ;)

Guest northernstar

Luckily, we have our own email and bank accounts anyway, so it isn't really an issue. She has no idea what things cost when it comes to astro gear so I can usually get away with a bit if truth bending! [emoji56]