• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Bubble and friends

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

Two finished images in a week....whats going on!!
Imaged over the past couple of nights NGC7635 The Bubble Nebula area showing M52 star cluster in the upper left, a section of Sh2-157 The Lobster Claw in the lower right and the bright emission NGC7538 in the upper right. Exposures: 1 hour 20mins in each RGB and 3 hours in H-alpha total 7 hours.

Ive also included a 100% res of the Bubble.

Thanks for looking

Peter

a0923.jpg

a0922.jpg

Edited by peter shah

Guest peter shah

Thanks everyone

That Is a beautiful image, was it a mosaic ?

No that's just my field of view.....The scope and camera is well matched giving me 1.6 arc sec per pixel which allows me to get quite a good resolution on close crops.....its a great combo

Guest peter shah

What camera and scope combo are you you using Peter ?

Sorry I keep forgetting to put in these details.......I have an AG12 from Orion Optics and a H35 from Starlight Xpress. The AG12 gives pin stars right to the edge of the field which is perfect for this full frame sensor

It has such a nice resolution I just love the little details that you find in this FOV

post-4526-0-10949900-1406403154_thumb.jp

Edited by peter shah

Not much more I can add to the above comments really. A beautiful image, stunning in fact and worthy of any publication.