• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Step by step guide to NEQ6 to PC HELP

Guest StevenWhatley

Guest StevenWhatley

Hey,

Im already well and truely confused with how to set up the NEQ6 to my laptop... is there a guide people use ??

thanks

I am sure Felix would be glad to help someone from IT with an IT problem  :D

Hey Steve,

First of all you will need to download a number of program's from the EQMod project website (see below). Also I would recommend checking out Chris Shillito's (designer of EQMod) YouTube channel as there is a video (narrated by him) for everything to do with EQMod. I have out a link to his "introduction video" in this post.

I also recommend using Cartes Du Ciel (CduC) as a planetarium programme just because it works so well and easily with EQmod.

Once you have installed all the pre-requisites for The EQmod plugin to speak to the mount of the laptop is still not speaking to the mount it is usually that the wrong com port is selected in EQmod drop down menu. So just have a look in device manager for which com port the serial lead is using then switch to that one in the drop down menu in EQmod.

I highly recommend watching all of Chris's videos to do with EQmod. It's not a quick fix I'm afraid but will help in the long run.

http://eq-mod.sourceforge.net/reqindex.html

http://youtu.be/TExsfjt8aro

Thanks for the link Felix, I think quite a few folk will get something from that video  :D

No worries Ron. Chris Shillito's videos are all very informative.

Edited by catman161

Guest StevenWhatley

Ah I had to tell the hand controller to be in PC connect or something, that's what was stopping the two talking! ;) all happy now

Ahh yes sorry forgot to mention that rather important point-sorry Steven!

do away with the hand controller Steven and get a eqdirect cable, so simple to use