• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello!

Guest Phillyo

Guest Phillyo

Good evening all,

I have been directed here from Stargazers Lounge as I am living in Lincoln (Washingborough) whilst based at RAF Waddington, and someone suggested this as the perfect place for me to meet like minded people locally and that you do monthly meet ups on the Wolds somewhere which would be great as I am relatively new to this Astrophotography thing, on and off for a year or so.

I currently only use my Canon lenses and a modded 350D, though a replacement 450D should be with me tomorrow or Monday hopefully. I enjoy doing wide field stuff at the moment while I'm saving my pennies for a larger more sturdy EQ-6 to mount a decent scope on.

I also use an Astrotrac for tracking with either my 50mm f/1.8 lens, my 70-200mm F/4 L lens or my Megrez 72 APO DDG, although that hasn't had much use as of yet...awaiting longer nights.

Looking forward to meeting and chatting with you all sometime and learning from you too.

Phil

Welcome to EMS, as an ELAC member (East Lincs Astro Club) I can tell you that we will be meeting at Badger Farm on Sat 23 August. Keep an eye on the ELAC thread for details and directions. (It's between Horncastle and Louth).

Shout up if you need any help and have they started to rip up the runway at Waddy yet?

Cheers

Ron

Hi and welcome Phil. You would be more than welcome to join us at our meets at Badger Farm. We are a very informal and friendly group. We have a good range of telescopes between us which you would be more than welcome to look through if you wished. A few of us have NEQ6 mounts that you would be more than welcome to give the once over. Hope to see you there some time.