• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Cygnus Region

Guest Phillyo

Guest Phillyo

So I thought I'd upload my try at the Cygnus region around Deneb, taken on Wed evening with my modded 350D and my 50mm 1.8 at 2.8 mounted on my Astrotrac in my back garden.

14 x 5 min subs

20 Flats

20 Bias

Stacked in DSS

Processed in PS CS6

I think I've over done the processing slightly and I've lost some of the other colours around the nebula but processing is definitely my weakest bit, I'm really not very good at it!

CygnusWide.jpg

Still a stirling effort, a lot of stuff in your image, North American neb, Pelican Neb, Crescent Neb, looks like some of the Veil neb too, plus a load more I do not know. I like it a lot. Nice capture. :thumbsup:

Guest Phillyo

Thanks guys :) My new modded 450D arrived yesterday so hoping to get some better images with that soon. It'll make focusing and controlling the camera SO much easier than on the 350D. Fingers crossed.

Nice work, I like that! PS is most peoples weak point but the more you do the more you learn?  :)

Cheers

Ron

Guest Phillyo

Thanks everyone. Olly over at SGL pointed out that it has a distinct green tinge to it, and when he mentioned it I could see it straight away. I've redone it and removed the green and it does make it a little better. I'll not repost as there's not much of a difference but it's all in the learning curve.