• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M13 from 2/8/14

Guest Philmarriott

Guest Philmarriott

This is from last night using my Starwave ed80 with canon 1100d, x20 3 min subs and x10 darks. Just cannot seem to get the detail I seeing in other images. I'm new to it all so any help is greatly appreciated. Still getting used to Photoshop too.

m13stackedallstdphoto_zps0c4cde28.jpg

Keep at it Phil, its a big learning curve,

Lake sure that there are not any bad subs in your stack otherwise it'll play havoc with the the final image

Very good effort, nice round stars and focus is good. We are vall still learning, so don't worry! :)

Cheers

Ron

Guest peepshow

As a bonus you have also captured the edge on galaxy, NGC6207.

It's just under  1/2 degree to the NE of your M13.

If you  increase the contrast slightly on the image you posted  you will see it, although it's

very tiny.

Guest StevenWhatley

Still a great photo.. are you guiding or is it just very good polar alignment. I struggled last night with mine :( 

Guest Philmarriott

Thanks guys. Was guiding with these shots. You can obviously get good shots by taking time to correctly polar align. Have a look at this website to set up your scope. http://www.astro-baby.com/HEQ5/HEQ5-1.htm I know yours is a 6 but same thing still applies. Hope it helps.

Edited by Philmarriott