• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Heart Nebula IC 1805 - making the most of this weeks clear nights!

Guest VikN46

Guest VikN46

Heart Nebula from Wednesday night.

Enjoying the clear nights this week, Both Tuesday and Wednesday were clear and it is looking like tonight (Fri) and Saturday will be clear too and best of all no moon, although not loving the lack of sleep, but the weather has been so poor I'm just making the most of it :)

Taken using my usual stuff:
SW 150 PDS, EQ5 Pro Synscan GOTO.
Guiding: SW ST80 and QHY5.
Modded Canon 600D with CLS clip filter.

Using: BYEOS, PHD, DSS, Photoshop CC.

25 x 300s Lights
15 x 300s Darks
Bias and Flats

14811823730_ba6e521697_n.jpgHeart Nebula IC1805 by VikN46, on Flickr

another lovely image Vicky, there were a few images of the heart neb taken at Kelling starparty last year, it`s a big thing, i think Colin just got it in with a 80mm short refractor scope and a Modded Canon 1100d

Guest VikN46

Thank you, I actually got more of the nebula in than I thought I would! I saw the pics from Kelling, some really nice images.

That is really nice Vicky, I`m no astro photographer but I can see nice sharp stars even at the edges and the color and detail is great.

Love it.

:thumbsup: