• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Free Booklets

Guest BigTfromNotts

Guest BigTfromNotts

Did anyone get these? Was wondering whether they worth buying the Torygraph

I had to replace tyres on my car and do some unforseen running about, so completely forgot to buy the paper..

Agree with Felix. They're the sort of thing you'd pass onto to a friend or a relative who expresses an interest in our hobby.

Thought it was more a shame that it was A5 size and fairly low print quality, especially when compared with the other high quality print magazine that came with it.

Interesting that you said about passing on to relatives Dan as that's exactly what I am doing! Gonna give them to my dad-spoke with him last night after that great obs session on Exmoor last weekend he is thinking of buying some 20x100 bins!! I'd like to have a look through those when he does!

He will need a substantial mount for them, they are heavy beasties.

I was gonna ask opinions about that. Do you think that the Horizon 8115 tripod on FLO could handle them Martyn?

Iam not sure, I think the Horizon although a good tripod may struggle. I have just googled them, they weigh around four kilo's. :o

Hmmm.....maybe something like the one you made,the one with the counter weights might be better then? I don't know,it'll have to be something very sturdy anyway