• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

DIY mount hub power unit

Guest AstroOlly

Guest AstroOlly
Olly, that is a seriously good job well done. If you put that on kickstarter i for one would back it as a project straight away. I think if you did decide to do it on kickstarter and got to your target for funding you may even give some of the larger Astro manufacturers a run for their money!

Thanks for that Felix appreciate the comment

Olly

Thanks for that Felix appreciate the comment

Olly

Brilliant project well conceived and built.

Word of warning though Felix if this was to become a commercial project it would need to have all the necessary testing and certification which is an incredibly expensive and long winded process making it financially nonviable for the average

' man in the street ' to do.

Guest AstroOlly
Brilliant project well conceived and built.

Word of warning though Felix if this was to become a commercial project it would need to have all the necessary testing and certification which is an incredibly expensive and long winded process making it financially nonviable for the average

' man in the street ' to do.

Yes I realised that, it will not become a commercial project, the most I would do is build for friends or family, with no comeback on me as I would include a disclaimer.

So no problem

Olly

No probs Olly thought I had better point it out.

Whilst on the subject of building them for us

How much ??? I want one :2thumbsup:

Guest AstroOlly
No probs Olly thought I had better point it out.

Whilst on the subject of building them for us

How much ??? I want one :2thumbsup:

I have no idea, what I would charge, as I said earlier the parts in total came to around £70, so I guess the question is what it is worth to others, as I would have to take my time into consideration, it's a difficult one, especially when there are no other commercially produced ones to compare too, other than the Hitechastro mount hub pro, which has more features including software control, and is over £300, but I suppose there are a lot of people that would not use all those features and would not pay that much anyway.....that was my thought.....hence building my own with just the features I needed.

Regards

Olly

Guest AstroOlly
i`d be interested in a list of the components also Olly, it`s very impressive

Have listed the components now if you are still intersted

Cheers

Olly