• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

SH2-155 The Cave Nebula

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

I've wanted to image this one for a few years but its been overlooked for one reason or another. Now the nights are drawing in I managed to captured it in one night 6x20mins in each RGB total 6hours. I was hounded with dew and haze which gave me terrible gradients, I managed to pull it back though.

Thanks for looking 

Peter

a0919.jpg

Beautiful piece of Sky Peter. Forgive my ignorance and not looking it up but where in the sky is the Cave Nebula?

Guest peter shah

Beautiful piece of Sky Peter. Forgive my ignorance and not looking it up but where in the sky is the Cave Nebula?

Thanks..... Its on the border of Cass and Ceph ;)

Brilliant Peter, feel a bit discouraged putting my Kelling images on at the moment. But something to work for with your high constant high standards Peter!  :)

Guest peter shah

Brilliant Peter, feel a bit discouraged putting my Kelling images on at the moment. But something to work for with your high constant high standards Peter!  :)

You are very kind Ron but you shouldn't feel discouraged ....Astro imaging is extremely difficult breaking down digital photography right down to the raw data....most folk only see a picture and most  think that all it takes is a press of a button.

Its a massive achievement to get any result and conditions and kit  considerations are often overlooked......so post away Ron

another lovely master piece Peter, i would not of thought you could get so much nebula colour out of RGB, i would have thought that using narrow band filters would have been needed especially Ha for the red

Guest peter shah

many thanks everyone.....

I thought it would be a good idea to show you the gradients caused by the progression of haze and dew through the evening ....this has been processed to show the extent of the gradients but is a little unrealistic as I never let them get this bad through the process reducing them as I pushed the process further.

post-4526-0-92552300-1412004974.jpg

Edited by peter shah