• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Deep Sky Stacker, help needed

Perkil8r

Eeeeek! Help me please! :wacko:

I took just 2 pics of orion nebula. I took 1 at 800 iso and another at 1600 both 10 secs. Then repeated this with the lens cap on.

I downloaded deep sky tracker and uploaded my pics. Hit the stack button and it did it's stuff. The result was a very pale almost white image. So it would appear I need a bit (or a lot) of help. What did I actually take in the way of pics? IE it says dark, dark flat etc..... I don't know what these mean for a kick off. Any ideas why the combination of my snaps have produced an almost white pic?

I've read the quick start etc and none of it seems to make sense to me since I don't understand any of the terms.......

Please be gentle. :huh:

Ahhh, that helps I think. I'll have a read of the link and see if that helps. I realise I might sound a bit silly, it's just if you google these things you come up with a load of results, some of which might be usefull except if you don't know the very basics you struggle to even get started sometimes. I'm not expecting much, just wanted to have a quick play to see what happens lol. I did make a schoolboy error in the fact I forgot to set it to RAW lol.