• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Pier ready, just need a clear sky!

RonC

Pier is now ready for checking polar alignment and first light! Just need some clear skies, (it's trying to snow at the moment!)

Away for a Xmas visit this weekend to Witney (Oxon) so will have to wait till next week now :( .

(not sure how to upload an image?)

Edited by Ron Clarke

It must be a great feeling to have a permanent set up and somewhere warm to go. It's something I'm going to do one day most proberly when I retire in about 15 years time. Best of luck with it.

Thanks Mick, only pier and decking done till Xmas is over then probably get a 'moverable' plastic shed on rails to cover it and leave the scope on the mount!

(not sure how to upload an image?)

/>http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.co.uk/topic/49-create-your-album/page__view__findpost__p__122 :)

The full time set up is how I am intending to go I already have PC to PC links set up from the house to the radio shack down the garden so will get the obs built close to it. I think a Fibreglass Obs will be about the best way to go for ease of operation with a rain sensor fitted on the shutter. That way it can all be automated dome as well. There are some small domes coming out on the market at the moment that are not large enough for a person so you have to have a remote viewing room. Hence they are a lot cheaper and you are a lot warmer being in a warm room also the heat will not affect the scope so another plus. I just need someone to help me get the per into the ground first and build up round that.