• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

School project

oldfruit

I got a nice phone call this morning from an emotional Mum friend. Her daughter goes to the same school as my daughter but is 2 years older. We pick her up every day as well as my daughter because her parents work late.

The friends daughter had been given a school project. Space or Ancient Egypt.

Knowing me as she does, she asked if I would help her with a Space themed project. We built a model of the Solar System with model planets, asteroid belt and interesting facts.  and today she took it to school.

Her Mum called this morning all excited to say how impressed the whole school was, that she had won first prize and that the model was to be displayed in the school hall for all to see.

Nice to pass on a little enthusiasm to the younger generation.

solarsystem003_zps86928ccb.jpgsolarsystem002_zps8dad94af.jpg

• Like 2

So do you get a "merit" badge and have to parade in front of the school - I can imagine that  you in short trousers and a blue blazer - then again not  :ill:

You will be doing the Duke of E award next in Astro Physics.

• 2 weeks later...