• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Job for Graham

Guest Tweedledum

Guest Tweedledum

Graham,

Can you fix this up???

English Electric Lightning Mk6 (Real Aricraft)

Lincoln £25,000.00

• $_86.JPG
Image 1 of 1

Contact Dave and Lesley

Posting for 2+ years 

01673 xxxxxx

•  
  •  
  •  

Posted 15 days ago

Description

Here we have for sale our beloved F Mk6 Lightning XR770 for sale. She is beautifully painted and will lbe an asset to your company/family. Please only contact us if you are a serious buyer. We are open to sensible offers. Please call 01673 xxxxxx - 07715 xxxxx or 07872 xxxxxxx and speak to Dave or Lesley for further info. Thank you for looking. Transportation and re assembly can be arranged for a fee tbd. Photo courtesy of

Edited by Tweedledum

Guest Tweedledum

Love this plane, there is a private one in SA and would love to have a go. Used to watch them on Cymyran beach, end of the runway at Valley then vertical on afterburn..

I bet you have the Sidewinders too Graham...

Edited by Tweedledum

When at secondary school in the early 70's my best friend's father was the chief mechanic on the Lightnings at RAF Wattisham.

I spent many happy hours with my mate and his dad crawling all over them.

Sadly they got sent to Cypress when it kicked off over there and my mate left as his dad got posted with them.

Happy days :)

Guest Tweedledum

Ha thats where my dad was posted Graham,only a little bit earlier when it was Israel kicking off with all the refugees from WW2 travelling from europe to Israel / Palestine.

Edited by Tweedledum

Yes he did! That Lightening in the photo is at RAF Waddington, you can just see it from the A15. Remember my dad taking me upto the end of the runway at RAF Binbrook in the early 60's to watch them take off! (might be why I'm a bit deaf now!  :D )

Ron

Edited by Ron Clarke

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/lightning/survivor.php?id=217

When this was at Grainthorpe it was part of a collection visible from the road. There was also a Starfighter and a Saab Drakken if I remember correctly.

Starfighter - was that the plane that had the nickname "fly coffin" as it killed more pilots then the opposition. Or am I thing of a later USA fighter.

I've heard Starfighter's called flying coffins.

The Lightning went to Waddington from Grainthorpe, there was a second one at there as well.

Nice collection, 2 Lightnings, Starfighter and a Drakken !

There's another Lightning in a garden in Binbrook village but you can't see it from the road.

Guest Tweedledum

Thats a new one Paul, the only other name I heard it called was 'garden dart' from the German version. Looked great but had the gliding characteristics of a breezeblock..

Saw one at Leicester air show - before health and safety - German pilot came down centre of runway and went vertical full burners - very noisy but like s**t of a shovel going up.

had some wonderful times at the Leicester air show, best I saw was two Royal Navy Phantoms suddenly appearing from behind the crowd line, I don't think they missed the tower by much! 

Rick