• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

William Optics Megrez 72

Guest Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

I'm possibly thinking about upgrading my Meg .... it's the original version with the 2" 10:1 focuser (not the DDG.)

Comes with DIY coffin.

Looking for £225, would be collection only as I won't post scopes.

I can include the 2011 dedicated FF/FR for £310 all in.

Edited by Kheldar

very interested Steve,

i`m looking for an imaging scope and very interested in the starwave 80 ed`s, currently out of stock, can you give me alittle more info on the scope, is it f6 and what does the reducer bring it down to.

also any rings with it,

cheers

Rob

Edited by red dwalf

Guest Kheldar

very interested Steve,

i`m looking for an imaging scope and very interested in the starwave 80 ed`s, currently out of stock, can you give me alittle more info on the scope, is it f6 and what does the reducer bring it down to.

Yes mate it's f6 native (432mm) and the reducer/flattener (0.8x) brings it down to a speedy f4.8 (345mm)

You're welcome to come down and have a look before, or see it at SGL :)

(Edit) In the spirit of fairness, I'd be lying if I said the starwave wasn't in my "list" of possible next imaging refractors ;)

(Edit 2) No rings, I haven't found a pair yet that suit it's diameter. I use a dovetail attached to the WO foot to mount it. I think Kim has the only suitable pair of rings in existence!!!!

Edited by Kheldar

Ok guys thanks for the info, I'll weigh up the pros and cons, though I'm still leaning towards the starwave at the moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.