• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

What to expect

Guest zidder

Wonderful Gary. You now have one heck of a capable scope there. It will show you lots of interesting stuff to keep you going for a long while. You will learn a lot with that. Whatever is not quite right with the base should be easy to make perfect again :)

Nice one Gary, that's the standard base, as per factory. It won't take long to sort it out. There are loads of modifications you can make, so that it handles better and all sorts of things to keep it pointing skyward. Dew prevention is something to consider, that can cut short a good night rather annoyingly.

Congrats matey. Glad everything is good. You'll love it. When you do your setting circle you can put a lazy susan bearing on and that will take away the slop out of the base. Again see Dazs excellent guides on his signature. Think we may of spoilt you round at Baz's. Shed leveling feet are one of the many mods myself and Daz have undertaken and don't come as standard

Congrats, yeah, we can mod the hell out of your scope to get it all up and running perfectly.

The "issues" you have mentioned so far can be sorted really quickly.

Just got have a word with the wife and Martyn and myself will arrange a night to pop round, check collimation, sort the base and check it all out, your only 5-10 minutes from me and Martyn.

:)

Congrats, yeah, we can mod the hell out of your scope to get it all up and running perfectly.

The "issues" you have mentioned so far can be sorted really quickly.

Just got have a word with the wife and Martyn and myself will arrange a night to pop round, check collimation, sort the base and check it all out, your only 5-10 minutes from me and Martyn.

:)

Cheers Mate, I'll get the kettle ready

Well I have no excuse now, been an fetched a 10" skywatcher Dob this morning. As was coming back a thought occurred to me how ridiculous it is, only a couple of weeks ago I had never had an form of scope, so I have gone from £50.00 Currys special to a 10" Dob in that short time, MAD,  MAD,  MAD.

Suppose now the real expense starts, already looking at Telrad ( Who is cheapest?)

put some pictures up later, It is an older version I think but mirror seems sound, focuser nice and smooth, only slight issue is base, has quite a lot of movement in it from central bolt and does not have levelling feet.

Telrad on ABS

http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=92018