• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A day on the trains.

Daz Type-R

Done the usual Christmas thing today where we take my lad on the Santa Express, always take him to have a look at the engine as he likes a look, as I lifted him on my shoulders so he could see in the cab, the driver said we could get in for a go! So got my 4 year old shovelling some coal and he had a seat in the drivers seat and he got to blow the whistle. He loved it. Here is a few pictures for the train lovers on here......

31719872-10BE-4A1B-BAE8-24211F2FCC18_zps

D49A3EEC-ECD6-43F0-8DCC-118CD02D4EC4_zps

• Like 3

Cheshire cat comes to mind when looking at his grin - pity the driver couldn't let him move it a couple of inches.

Wonderful stuff Darren :)

Went on the Santa Express a few times when my kids were younger, and Thomas the Tank, from Midland Railway Centre Ripley, but they were never lucky enough to get in the drivers seat.