• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

didnt realise lincolnshire was so big !

cosmic dave

Guest Tweedledum

Yup, North Yorkshire the biggest 3340 SqMiles, Lincs is second 2686 with Cumbria & Devon a gnats hair smaller (well a few sqM or so).

Just think of all those dark sites in that lot :) .

Give me Derbyshire and the hills any day. I wonder how big Derbyshire would be if you stretched out all the hills and made it as flat as Lincolnshire/East Anglia

we got the turbines and the wind and the UFO's :ph34r: the turbine that got is sail knocked off by a flying saucer is only up the road from me, I want to believe...

If you go to the Fens, (Spalding area!) they have big skies, no hills in the way for miles and miles!!!

If you go to the Fens, (Spalding area!) they have big skies, no hills in the way for miles and miles!!!

Problem is Ron light pollution is quite bad around Spalding, though like anywhere if you travel far enough out of town you are bound to find a nice dark sky. One advantage of this area is having a clear horizon as it is so flat.

My friend lives in Crowland and enjoys dark skies!!

I know Crowlan, nice and a few miles away from Spalding, not much else around that way so would immagine there to be nice dark skies there.