• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

heads up, neq6 on astro buy sell

red dwalf

noticed this on astro buy and sell,

skywatcher neq6 pro with a adm dual saddle for £500 which is a good price if anyone looking to buy.

I noticed this too rob. These dark clear nights have me gettin itchy feet already. First winter without my kit and I'm finding myself looking up a lot lo of to get some pics of jupiter :(

Your Jupiter images were amazing Felix, this time of year I bet UK it missing it and Jupiter getting very well placed at the moment.

Thanks Rob, very kind of you to say :) im thinking that when I do get back into planetary imaging I may save up for then altair Astro Planeta F18 planetary imaging cassegrain scope!

I think Felix pinched those Jupiter pics off the Hubble site :) They were really excellent pics, and then nothing! :(

Good to see you posting again Felix :)

Thanks Damian, that's really kind of you :) I am out with the bins every now and then recently which is nice but it doesn't give me the same feeling as when ive persevered the cold and then reviewed the avi's and stacked them and can see that it's gonna be a good image when fully processed. I will see how I go and give you a shout if it gets too much for me!

Ha ha! Thanks pete, you're too kind, they weren't brilliant but then they weren't terrible either. I've just signed up to an agency that allows me to do extra shifts at other hospitals at double my rate of normal pay so I am gonna pack in lots of overtime with my motivation being the altair astro Planeta scope. I will keep plodding away and then one day you may see me post a proper "return to astro" thread :) I really miss doing it properly quite a bit

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Felix,

Choice of  127mm frac, 152mm mak, 120mm frac f9 dual speed. (That would leave me 152mm frac and my trusty 120 f5).

Dont do pm's any more. Drop me an e-mail, you are more than welcome.

Hi Felix,

Choice of 127mm frac, 152mm mak, 120mm frac f9 dual speed. (That would leave me 152mm frac and my trusty 120 f5).

Dont do pm's any more. Drop me an e-mail, you are more than welcome.

You're a gent Damian-thanks :)

Go for it Felix, that Planeta will be one heck of a top class scope! :thumbsup:

I've been drooling over it a lot lately. I've just taken a job back at Leicester royal infirmary children's emergency department so will be over east midlands way more frequently from 19th. In between shifts I am gonna go for it Pete. I got my hands on the Planeta at altairs stand in June at the astro show and have been thinking of it ever since!

I've been drooling over it a lot lately. I've just taken a job back at Leicester royal infirmary children's emergency department so will be over east midlands way more frequently from 19th. In between shifts I am gonna go for it Pete. I got my hands on the Planeta at altairs stand in June at the astro show and have been thinking of it ever since!

Great stuff. I presume you are looking at the 10" Planeta or do you have a bigger version in mind? What mount do you have your eye on, to do it justice?

Yeah it was the 250 I have been looking at. That's the thing with the mount, I'm actually not too sure. I would love a 10 Mircron GM1000 but just cannot stretch to one so I will probably end up going for an AZ-EQ6 or possibly an EQ8. Either way it's gonna take a lot of saving up for. My plan is to build a roll off shed style mini Obsy that will be on decking behind my garage which is more of an outbuilding in my back garden. Then run power cables under decking and through garage wall (concrete) to a bench top power supply (garage has mains power) and then setup imaging computer in there. That's the plan anyway will take a while to get there :)

Well, the Planeta 250 OTA is only 13kg in a fairly short tube, so those mounts should cope pretty well especialy in a sheltered obsy situation.

Yeah I was thinking that and as the native Focal Ratio is F18 I wouldn't be in need of a hefty x4 Powermate like I was using with the 200P