• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Something is bugging me......

catman161

Right ever since I flocked my 200p and obviously in the process had to remove all the bits n bobs. Ever since I have put it back together and recollimated with Kim's Hotech (well Kim did most of it really lol!) I have noticed that when using my Hyperion zoom I can sometimes (this may sound weird) see my eyelashes rejecting back at me? I told you it would sound weird!

Anyone heard or experienced this before??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As I said the collimation is spot on yet still I get these odd visual disturbances.

Thanks

Felix

You're overkeen and your eye is too close to the lens Felix - wind the eye cup right out and don't get so close you can see lashes - I've had this many times when I thought I was winding the zoom but in fact was winding the eye cup back down lol :)

Lol Felix - no shame mate we've all done it :)

By the way - I need to re-collimate my newly flocked scope sometime (hint....) lol :)

Yes of course, I can drop it off tomoro if you're Free? Thanks for the loan I am definitely going to have to purchase one of my own-invaluable tool :)

There's no immediate rush Felix - I have plenty of scopes to play with and I'm in mod'ing mode at the moment lol. But if it's clear tomorrow night and you fancy a couple of hours on the drive I'll get the Sct out. My package from Altair just arrived tonight so I'm itching to test the new controller and dew band on it :)

Yeah that'd be great thanks Kim. Here's to hoping its clear :) Even if it's not I will bring your Hotech over still.

I would love to take a look though your SCT too-that thing is a beast!

That'd be great,I've not looked through bino viewers before. Funny you should mention bino viewers I wa looking at a pair on FLO by William optics. Quite reasonable price wise. Not sure about how god they are though.

I have the WO bv's - they're brilliant value for money - the Baader Maxbrites are good too though a fair bit dearer. But the Denkemiers and TV's beat them by a mile - but then they're several hundred squids more and you gotta put dual Ethos's in 'em to justify them. The WO's work very well - hope it's clear tomorrow and you can see for yourself :)

I had the same Felix, then I adjusted the eye relief and it was fine, but I also noticed if you dont look direct down the middle you can't see a thing, just like a blur