• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Which planning software?

Tweedledee

I'm looking into buying some astro-planning software.

Not even sure if I would get on with such software, since I have managed perfectly well without it for many years. The idea of logging observations with a bit more structure in one searchable format on the computer does have some appeal as an alternative to paper and pencil. Also the idea of having lots of object data altogether in one program at the click of a mouse would be a bonus. Not too worried about the price, if it is useful to me.

Currently I am looking into the following...

Skytools
Astroplanner
Eye & Telescope
Deep Sky Astronomy Software
Deep Sky Planner

I am going to download and try out some demos, but most demos seem to be very limited, ie: only having the Messier database available or not allowing reports to be saved.

Perhaps people find this software a bit of a distraction for a while and then don't bother using it anymore. Maybe someone has tried some of these and can pass on any thoughts and recommendations.

Thanks.

Guest Tweedledum

No worries,

If anything comes up tomorrow i'll post them. Coffee??, think I am clear now :screwloose:

Edited by Tweedledum

Oh bu**er,  let me know if you need some caffeine relief.... :D

A large whiskey might soften the blow! :unsure: