• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Updated Project Bubble - WIP

Guest VikN46

Hi all,

Seems ages since my last post.

After a hectic beginning to the new year, I finally managed some imaging time this week and I thought I should start a proper project before I am unable to set up the scope due to my ever increasing baby belly :D

I decided to return to the Bubble Nebula in what I am hoping will have a good 30 hours worth of data.

So far over the past week (3rd and 6th February) I have managed 7 hours of Ha despite the moon and I very quick heavy handed stretch in PS.

28 x 900s Ha

No calibration frames yet

SW Equinox 80 APO and Flattener

EQ5 Pro Synscan GOTO.

Guiding: SW 9x 50 finder guider and QHY5.

Atik 314L+

Baadar HA 7nm

Using: Artemis capture, PHD, DSS,  Photoshop CC.

16438288566_860e19ecca.jpgBubble WIP PT 2 - 7 Hours Ha so far (and a quick process in PS) by VikN46, on Flickr

Edited by VikN46

Looking really good Vicky, focus looks spot on, good luck getting the rest of your data :)

Very nice indeed-great work. That's gonna be a corker when you have all the data [emoji106]

Definitely appears sharper and the black point of background being darker gives a more contrasted look.

Just a continuation of Project Bubble. I finally got around to seeing what the OIII I gathered was like from the 9th and had a quick play around with it in Photoshop after combining it with my previous Ha data. Still a way to go on this but may get more time this week if the weather forecast is right ;)

03, 06 and 09/02/2015

28 x 900s Ha (on 3rd and 6th Feb)

10 x 1200s OIII (on 9th Feb)

SW Equinox 80 APO and Flattener

EQ5 Pro Synscan GOTO.

Guiding: SW 9x 50 finder guider and QHY5.

Atik 314L+

Baader HA 7nm, OIII 8.5nm

Using: Artemis capture, PHD, DSS, and Photoshop CC.

As always thanks for looking.

16539298685_b3cbbdbff0.jpgBubble Nebula - NGC 7635 - WIP (10.3 Hours) by VikN46, on Flickr