• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kit Out!

Guest Tweedledum

Guest Tweedledum

Huzzah,

A chance to point the telescope thingy's at the sky, forgotten what they looked like.

Dual mounted 150mm Mak (first light) and sw120. Once had both on the discrepancy on the skytee became apparent (graham over to you).  Easy targets Jupiter, m31, m42, m45 double cluster and comet lovejoy. Though at one point I thought had dewed up but a jet and contrail went directly between me and the comet! Missed by few minutes occultation of moon of Jupiter.

Both with 30mm the contrast between fields of view was immediately visable. Putting 13mm in gave awesome view of Jupiter and the equatorial belts. Only stopped by the Mak icing up!!... Need to get that dewstrip and a dewshield made.

Nice one Damian, regarding that dew shield, I still have it here, my mate don't live in Mansfield no more so I have no reason to come over.

Guest Tweedledum

Cheers Darren, but wylfa nuclear power station wold not have helped tonight :D .. If you would not mind putting in post I'll re-imburse all your costs. It's only £2.80 for up to 2kg.