• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Rosetta Nebula - Badger Farm ELAC meeting Feb 15

Guest StevenWhatley

Guest StevenWhatley

Great meeting last night with the Lincoln Wide life Trust at Badger Farm,

Lovely clear skies so managed to finally get Rosetta as its constantly behind my house until early hours of the morning, super happy with the result considering I wasn't guiding and no laptop either.

10 x 90s lights

26x 120s lights

Went a little arty with the shots too by making a cross out of electrical tape split in half to create the diffraction spikes :)

ISO 3200

using the Modded 1100d

16612071391_3c59d7cdca_c.jpgRosettaNebula210215BF by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr

Edited by StevenWhatley

Guest StevenWhatley

thanks folks, super please with this even if the odds were against ,me getting it... having to spend the first hour of the night redoing my polar scope as I knocked it badly lifting the mount out of the car.. then laptop dying after 15mins then realising I forgot my Bat mask.  was getting quite frustrated in the dark lol

thanks folks, super please with this even if the odds were against ,me getting it... having to spend the first hour of the night redoing my polar scope as I knocked it badly lifting the mount out of the car.. then laptop dying after 15mins then realising I forgot my Bat mask.  was getting quite frustrated in the dark lol

I know we could hear your ravings :)  - still glad it worked out and you got some nice other views including the "Ghost of Jupiter" - i will bring the generator next time but i thing you may need the Gainsboro power stn with you set up - including "field" heater  :D