• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Astrotortilla

wolfman_55

I guess lots of you use this already, I've just started. It's brilliant. It takes all the frustration out of finding an alignment star which can be a bit of a challenge when you've moved the scope around between sessions. Can't see I'll need a finder scope or game pad any more. Astrotortilla links up with Stellarium scope and Nebulosity and plates solves in less than 40 seconds in my limited experience. Wish I'd used it before.........

Dave

just started using it myself over the last few weeks, very impressive although i found it a little fiddly to set up at first but soon got the hang of it and changed the settings to my requirements, i use the field of view the same as that of my scope set up so not taking any off or adding any on and it solves very quickly and does a great job of going to the same place night after night which is helpful for astro imaging when using a smallish chip ccd.

the only thing i have found annoying is that it will only plate solve once unless i close nebulosity down and start it up again, not very helpful if you plan on doing a couple or more targets in a evening as i have to warm my camera up first.

just started using it myself over the last few weeks, very impressive although i found it a little fiddly to set up at first but soon got the hang of it and changed the settings to my requirements, i use the field of view the same as that of my scope set up so not taking any off or adding any on and it solves very quickly and does a great job of going to the same place night after night which is helpful for astro imaging when using a smallish chip ccd.

the only thing i have found annoying is that it will only plate solve once unless i close nebulosity down and start it up again, not very helpful if you plan on doing a couple or more targets in a evening as i have to warm my camera up first.

Ah Rob I found another way so you don't have to close Neb3 and warm up camera

Make sure before you slew that you close down AT and then re plate solve on target should save closing down Neb each time 

i think i tried that Allan but on restating AT it seems to go through the motions but hangs when it comes to sloving.

i have a little google about it.