• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Petavius / Humboldt Region 240315

philjay

Ta folks, I was slightly miffed as it was supposed to be bigger, taking in the terminator as well but I missed a slice despite using imerge. I started in twilight to get the moon from the obs and take advantage of the twilight stillness butby the time of pane 4 conditions had worsened hence 1000 frames from 3000

Edited by philjay

Very nice Phil, it's pin sharp. Some great detail in there, I particularly like the fault line running through the crater to the central peaks.

Rima Petavius is the fault line, one of the lunar 100 I think. As the sun gets higher it almost dissappears. Ive always been fascinated by this plus the line of craters running diagonally below Petavius. Like Rima Petavius these only show up well as a line at crescent phase