• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Rubylith red film for head torch? - FOUND

Seamaster

Hi, I have a couple of excellent torches including a head torch but they don't have any red LED's.

I wondered if anyone local to Derby had a small bit of the Rubylith film I could scrounge to adapt one of them?

I could buy a small piece for a nominal price if that helps but I just don't need a large piece as I have no plans to use my laptop outside.

I could buy some but it seems to only come in large sections which I'd never, ever use.

A but cheeky I know but if you don't ask?

Cheers

Neil

Derby.

Edited by Seamaster

:lol:  It's not an April Fools joke

It works well, I've done it before just make sure you get the deep red variety  ;)

I thought yesterday was April fools day?

you mean you dont have any bright red nail varnish :rofl:  I used it quite successfully on the internal

lights on the van, worked a treat :)

• Like 1

.........sigh..........(wanders off mumbling to himself as he slowly shakes his head).........

• Like 2

I've got green, blue and black, but sorry no red! (Nail varnish that is!) 😀

Edited by Smithysteve

Guest StevenWhatley

I have some red that I used for my torches & laptop screens.. message me your address I will pop some in the post :)

Never heard of Rubylith but I have plenty of red theatrical lighting gel (acetate sheet).

And purple nail varnish ;)

Thanks to all, I think I am sorted now.

I also now have an extensive range of make up and am looking into some stilettos to complete my astronomy set up.

Thanks to all, I think I am sorted now.

I also now have an extensive range of make up and am looking into some stilettos to complete my astronomy set up.

You will fit in just fine  :lol: