• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Lincolnshire Barn Owls

StuartJPP

Awesome shots Stuart.

Love the natural perches and the lack of background really makes the owl pop.

I "hate you" :evil:  Stuart your pictures are brilliant and I am very jealous of your talent - Having said that keep on taking the pictures they are very good.  :thumbsup:  The only thing better would be a video of the Barn Owl in flight which I always find amazing and graceful.

Wow they are fantastic photos, I have only ever seen a barn owl perched in a tree just once and that was near Horncastle. Nicely done.

Yes, that really is a beautiful bird and a superb image.

You can zoom right in and it's still crystal sharp :thumbsup:

Hi Stuart

Wonderful photographs, I have been watching a barn owl hunting for about 3 nights in the past week around some fishing lakes near to cossington village, not far from leicester,wonderful views last night, it was hunting and flew straight towards me and only turned as there is a canal between myself and where it regularly hunts, it's the best views of a barn owl in many years birdwatching.

Rick

Many thanks everyone, I was really pleased to have caught these two. Being a bit of a birder (not particularly a twitcher), I am always on the look out for any birds to photograph, so spotting these is fairly easy when they are out as they are white. But any funny shape in a tree, on a fence post etc. gets a 2nd look just in case it is something. It helps when the missus is quite well trained at spotting ;)

Great looking shots

my second favorite bird

What's your favourite?

I "hate you" :evil:  Stuart your pictures are brilliant and I am very jealous of your talent - Having said that keep on taking the pictures they are very good.  :thumbsup:  The only thing better would be a video of the Barn Owl in flight which I always find amazing and graceful.

Too busy photographing them to take videos :D

Hi Stuart
Wonderful photographs, I have been watching a barn owl hunting for about 3 nights in the past week around some fishing lakes near to cossington village, not far from leicester,wonderful views last night, it was hunting and flew straight towards me and only turned as there is a canal between myself and where it regularly hunts, it's the best views of a barn owl in many years birdwatching.
Rick

If I knew where there was one close by, I'd be there as often as I could...I could never tire of them.

wait till you get one fly up at night in front of your car windscreen(miss car) thats when you find out why they are really called  "the ghost bird" - only happened to me once but scary until i realised what is was