• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Easter Monday full disc

philjay

Only my second attempt at a full disc mosaic so still practicing but its getting there. A relatively clear morning with few clouds helps :D

Mosaic of 4 panes for the full disc and 6 panes for the proms. Each pane the best 1000 frames from 2500. PIPP, AS2, Registax, PS

Lunt 60 + IMGOH

Mono

fulldisc060415mono.jpg

colour

fulldisc060415col.jpg

The background is messy but that's it for today, my heads hurting after this :wacko:

• Like 2

Nah, I can see the joins :(. In PS I cant see em, as soon as its posted on here there they are, doh. More practice needed

Nah, I can see the joins :(. In PS I cant see em, as soon as its posted on here there they are, doh. More practice needed

I can't! Lovely image Phil. So your new scope has arrived then? :-) Really impressed with that. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

No Steve, still waiting for mine, this is Kims that he,s kindly loaned me to see if I like them. I really like them :-) :-)

Top 12 o clock position, its like a giant carbunkle now to me, its the first thing I see now :-) :-)

Will try again later.

Giant solar carbunkle!!! do they have an 11 year cycle too? :D

Lovely sharp image though

Yep, solar carbunkles are quite common. Only discovered a few years ago by amateurs when they first started taking photos through telescopes :-)

Nisce image Phil

I can't see it on this monotor either

but I have a good bit of practice at ignoring them

keep at it Phil and use plenty of overlap

Nice proms at the bottom Phil and overall great detail. Can't see the joins from here. :)

Ta Kim, I couldnt have done it without you :-) :-) Im gonna miss that scope, cant wait to get mine now.

Edited by philjay