• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter Easter Monday

catman161

how do you do it ?

my jupiter, saturn and alot of my dso`s are rubbish, glad to see your back on form, i`ve always liked seeing your efforts.

Just clicked on "Like This" and apparently I have reached my quota of positive votes for the day! :)

These are really nice Felix and needless to say I like them very much!

Great to see you back imaging.

Steve

Thanks for the compliments guys :) I guess I'm my own worst critic (like we all are!)

I was fairly pleased with what I saw when processing considering I am currently focusing by hand. I have order a JMI Motofocus but it won't arrive for a couple of weeks.

I quite like the fact I don't need a powermate in the image train to get a larger scale with the scope being F18 however I am thinking of trying that but I think taking it to F36 may be a squeeze with the pixel size of the ASI120MC.

Thanks Phil/Pete. I think I can get better with the right conditions and once I have this collimation malarkey. I had the scope off the mount yesterday trying to sort it and got it somewhere near but certainly not perfect.

Cheers Steve, I am not sure I will be able to see saturn from my location with it being so low but I will definitely try for it if possible :)

Cheers Leigh :)

I feel like a novice again. The new scope is a beast that I need I somehow tame and once I have managed that and got the Motofocus installed i hope to get some good quality raw data. It's great to be back out there trying again :)

They are great images! 10 times better than my efforts so far!

I would be well pleased with a result like yours!

Maybe he cheated - I've seen plenty of images just like that on the Hubble website! :)

• Like 2

You have got to be chuffed with those Felix, I mean you have only just bagged your first images from the new scope, and you are turning out those!

They look quality, and for me the top image doesn't seem as washed out.

Lovely images Felix. And you're expecting to improve on them!!! Probably number 2 is more like what you see through a scope but I think the whole point of imaging is that you can pull out more detail than is possible visually. I was out earlier on Monday and caught the Io shadow transit too. I use Cartes Du Ciel to plan my GRS observations.

Yeah they are OK............

Who am I kidding, fantastic job Felix!

Ha ha :) Thanks Daz

Maybe he cheated - I've seen plenty of images just like that on the Hubble website! :)

I can assure you no copyright infringement here ;)

Awesome stuff Felix.

Cheers Graham

You have got to be chuffed with those Felix, I mean you have only just bagged your first images from the new scope, and you are turning out those!

Thanks Martyn, I prefer the top one as well but just wasn't sure whether I had gone too far with the red so posted a less red one as well, they are two different images just 3 mins apart but thought I would try with altering the colour balance in ps to see which looked more natural. I say I prefer top image but i think maybe the bottom one looks a little more natural.

Lovely images Felix. And you're expecting to improve on them!!! Probably number 2 is more like what you see through a scope but I think the whole point of imaging is that you can pull out more detail than is possible visually. I was out earlier on Monday and caught the Io shadow transit too. I use Cartes Du Ciel to plan my GRS observations.

Thanks :) I think the more washed out version looks more like what I see through the eyepiece but the top image shows more detail with a little more contrast and more on the red slider in colour balance in ps.

Yeah they are OK............

Who am I kidding, fantastic job Felix!

Ha ha :) Thanks Daz

I can assure you no copyright infringement here ;)

Awesome stuff Felix.

Cheers Graham

Thanks Martyn, I prefer the top one as well but just wasn't sure whether I had gone too far with the red so posted a less red one as well, they are two different images just 3 mins apart but thought I would try with altering the colour balance in ps to see which looked more natural. I say I prefer top image but i think maybe the bottom one looks a little more natural.

Thanks :) I think the more washed out version looks more like what I see through the eyepiece but the top image shows more detail with a little more contrast and more on the red slider in colour balance in ps.