• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter 08.04.2015

catman161

I managed a couple of runs on Jupiter last night before the seeing turned abysmal at around half 10. Before that it was actually not too bad, quite stable but the transparency was not great.

Anyway the below are both best 85% of 4500 frames taken with an ASI120MC, Planeta 10 inch Cassegrain and AZEQ6. Preprocessed in PIPP, stacked in AS!2, wavelets in Registax and processed in PSCS2

Again I have processed each one slightly differently and made one less bold in terms of contrast and colour to try an represent more what I was seeing at the eyepiece beforehand and the other I have processed with a slight more influence in terms of colour/contrast, it's a difficult one wit processing as what one person likes another may not. Comments welcomed :)

16460176684_429acdee4b_o.png
Capture 2015-04-08T21_41_20_pipp_g2_b3_ap20 PSP by Gattouomo161, on Flickr

16878667767_2dea6fa96e_o.png
Capture 2015-04-08T21_49_30_pipp_g2_b3_ap20 PSP by Gattouomo161, on Flickr

• Like 2

Nicely done. I think both look good, it certainly does depend on your eyes,monitor etc. With a tiny bit of denoise, I reckon they'd look even better.

Thanks Sheila :)

They've been denoised lee, I faded it to lessen the blurred look that occurred as it made it look less sharp. I'll have a re-run at it and see if I can make it better. Although am off to work until midnight now so will have to be over weekend.

Another superb image Felix. I believe the dot above right of the GRS is Europa. You've recorded some fantastic detail.

Really quite impressed... superb detail and image scale. Think I prefer the first (top) processing but both very nice indeed. Imagine you are very pleased with your new kit. :thumbsup:

Thanks Steve :)

Yes I'm very happy so far with new kit. Just need to get it all set up and collimated spot on and then continue to tweak here and there and hopefully can grab some even better data when conditions allow :)