• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The Night Sky

Osborne

I have just been reading the guide to the above, what a great job, biggies to our hobby should find most helpfull. The connection to the Sherwood Observatory and the Messia (that's not spelt right) objects will be a great help to folk. S OBS is a great observatory and will always suggest people should come and join us.Osborne

• Like 1

Hi Osborne, do you have any links to that guide, as any newbies might not know what it is you are referring too. Also, is that the observatory that is on Coxmoor Road out Mansfield way?

If so, do they still have a waiting list to join, as I went to an open evening there a few years ago, listened to a talk that was put on and went for a tour of the obsy, and I was told if I wanted to join I had to go on a waiting list :(

And as far as I understood it, the wsiting list was rather long.

Times may have changed but I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Hi Darren, I am a member of the Sutton(and Mansfield) club (and know Mike, too,😊)

The club is different from years back.. I joined about 12 years ago and soon left.

Things have changed now. And I re-joined a few years ago, it is friendly and welcoming and there are lots of like minded people there.

You would be very welcome to come along for a look again on any Wednesday night (members night). If you like what you see, you would have no prob joining. or if you need to chat about the Obs then please contact me. If you want to come along let me know and I will introduce you to the people there etc.

There is no waiting list as far as I am aware. We have people joining all the time!

I will ask tomorrow night about waiting lists etc.

Ahh that's good to hear, I must admit I was rather peeved at the time, it felt like it was a "this is our club, your not welcome" attitude so I`m happy that things seemed to have changed.

:)

I will get myself up there soon, might see if I can wrangle tomorrow and get a pass out from SWMBO.

Ahh that's good to hear, I must admit I was rather peeved at the time, it felt like it was a "this is our club, your not welcome" attitude so I`m happy that things seemed to have changed.

:)

I will get myself up there soon, might see if I can wrangle tomorrow and get a pass out from SWMBO.

Come along when you are ready Daz, tomorrow would be good - just ask around for me if and when you turn up.

It's the missus birthday tomorrow, but I should hopefully be up there on time :-)

Right I,m off out to my dome!😊 want to bag M65 M66 etc tonight 😄

Daz Type R,

I'm pleased My friend Steve's been in touch I'll look forward to you coming along. I will be there tonight around 19.75.

Mike

i am pleased to hear that things have changed

i also was made to feel distinctly unwelcome when i popped along when we moved to the area

i am pleased to hear that things have changed

i also was made to feel distinctly unwelcome when i popped along when we moved to the area

Hey Steve, I don't know how long ago that was, but I felt the same years ago after joining back then - I left.

It's a different bunch now, friendly, you would be made welcome.

Cant make it tonight guys, will aim for next Wednesday.

The wife is on call and has had to go out tonight :(

Are you guys going to be there this Wednesday?

What time is best to turn up, have a pass out for tomorrow night so was going to turn up, see if things have changed?